The offset twenty-four hour period of spring intermission and I had aught planned.

I kind of liked that idea but soon realized that two young children don't accept the same appreciation for lounging around the firm like I exercise.

Structure and activities are a must lest total chaos abounds.

Nicholas wanted to go camping ground this week but the weather is in the forty's and manner besides cold for me to want to slumber exterior. So we improvised with the usual indoor camp grounds made of sheets draped over furniture. Nosotros played games and used our flash light to search for critters in the forest and of form roasted marshmallows over a fire. Nosotros even brought in "The Very Quiet Cricket" book considering the last folio has plays the sound of a real cricket chirping. (I dearest how Rachel sits! Information technology looks then uncomfortable to me but she always sits this mode.) So I told them it was getting besides dark to play in the woods and everyone needed to go to slumber in the tent.

Ahh, some repose fourth dimension for Mommy?

Nope!

This lasted exactly v seconds and they were bounding about over again. I had a few errands to run and I thought some fourth dimension in their respective car seat restraints might do us all some proficient and then nosotros hit the road.

We got several errands completed just, this existence the day of no plans, I did not have food for the two footling ones and we were a bit of a drive away from home. So McDonald's drive-thru and picnic at a park it is!

We found a cool park in Farmer's Branch that we had never been to earlier. I was speedily reminded that I have a toddler and past the very nature of the proper name "toddler" she is required to enjoy toddling. Although she was hungry, every cobweb in her being told her information technology was fourth dimension to toddle around. So she saturday for 30 seconds, took ane bite of chicken nugget then stood up and just walked away…surprisingly apace too.

I tried calling her back.

Silly Mama idea that would piece of work.

And then I got up and carried her dorsum to her delightful happy meal. She sat long enough for me to sit dorsum downwards and and so she toddled off again…laughing! I played her game a few times and then decided to just concord her in my lap while Nicholas and I finished eating.

Boy, that was like herding cats.

Whew!

I was glad when lunch was over and I could just permit them go play. The park has several great playgrounds. There is an area for footling kids with three main playgrounds for climbing, sliding, tunnels, and activity boards. These are all covered under tarps to proceed them in the shade. In that location are also some bouncy, ride-on type things that I oasis't seen at a park in a long time (and they appear to be much older than the other playground equipment). Nicholas quickly fabricated friends with a little girl and they played on this big dinosaur together for quite a while. Rachel had fun on the smaller toucan. Of course, there are multiple sets of swings. Nicholas found this special swing intended for disabled children. He liked information technology the almost because he enjoyed pretending that information technology was a jet pack shooting him up in the heaven. There was as well a playground for bigger kids.

Nosotros didn't spend much fourth dimension there since I had to keep up with my toddler and needed to be near activities that could keep her safely occupied. There are lots of copse at this park and several had climbing potential. Of course the easiest tree to climb is the one lying on the footing! In that location was a large colina about the big kid playground that anybody was having fun running up and then rolling downwards. There is also a great waterway through the park. Nicholas and Rachel both enjoyed watching the ducks swim by. Ane of the nigh mannerly things at the park was this old h2o faucet in a lion's mouth. This was former like the bouncey, ride-on toys and manifestly from when the park was originally built. Only all the kids at the playground loved it. Rachel didn't drink from it. She merely liked playing with the h2o. Every bit soon every bit I would stop the water, she would point to the faucet… …and make the sign for "more than"… (wait at that pitiful pleading wait in her eyes!)

I actually like this playground. Information technology has lots of fun things for all ages which is smashing for me since I've got ii children at very unlike ability levels. There is lots of open space for Rachel to walk until her little feet clothing out. The toddler expanse is awesome… The big kid playground was great plus in that location was lots of other things to explore. Equally nosotros were leaving, Nicholas said, "This is the best park e'er! Everytime we go to a park, let'southward get to this park!"

Sometimes it'due south nice to have a mean solar day with no program.

Y'all simply never know what wonderful surprises await!